LWSL MARKETING ASSISTANT
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a self-motivated fast learner who prefers to work from home? Are you someone who is organized and knows how to make things happen, while also being able to handle a fast-paced environment and get it done?
Do you have some experience with blogging, digital products and the funnels that sell them, and want to be a part of a small, agile team?
If so, your dream job could be waiting.
We are looking for a part-time team member (10-15 hours per week – with the possibility to increase to full time) to join our small but growing Living Well Spending Less team. We’re looking for someone who can be all-in with our brand, and excited to learn and work on different aspects of the business. This position will work closely with the Brand Director and the rest of the team to grow Living Well Spending Less, one of the brands under the Ruth Soukup Omnimedia umbrella. This position is 100% remote.
To be perfect for this position, you should already have a grasp of the online blogging industry and digital products (experience in Elite Blog Academy and/or knowledge of Ruth’s processes a plus), and be willing to jump in and learn. You should be willing to take on new things, and figure it out as you go. And you should have some experience working with wordpress and digital product funnels and online tools for selling digital products.
You should also be a team player, and be willing to take ownership and accountability for the duties and responsibilities of the job. The ideal person will have a strong drive to succeed. Experience with online software used for blogging and digital marketing (for example, ESPs, LeadPages, WordPress, Shopify etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Data & Analytics: Assisting in improving the success of marketing efforts through helping with split testing, tracking, and reporting findings.
- Quality Control: Tests and re-tests everything, serving as the final check before something goes live.
- Customer Service: Assisting our customer service department with basic email responses.
- Content Creation: Writing blog posts and online content.
- Affiliate Program: heading up our affiliate program and making sure our affiliates get everything they need.
- Technologies Used: Active Campaign, Google Drive, Google Analytics, LeadPages, WordPress, Slack, Shopify, etc.
THINGS YOU’VE DONE IN THE PAST:
- Any form of blogging, vlogging or content marketing
- Creating online content
- Working on online product launches
- Learned new technologies related to eCommerce & Internet marketing
- Worked in fast-moving environments and met tight deadlines
- Worked with a virtual team
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR A PERSON WHO :
- Already has a lot going on and doesn’t have the time and focus needed to do a quality job.
- Isn’t interested in online marketing, or who hasn’t read a non-fiction book (or podcast or blog) about business or marketing in a very long time.
- Isn’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Cares more about the title of the position than the work you’ll do and the results you’ll achieve. Ego is a no go on our team
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Is a self-starter. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets stuff done consistently on time.
- Is extremely detail oriented. There are many moving pieces in the business. We want someone comfortable working on complex processes on a routine basis.
- Is technologically proficient. The ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is essential. Candidates who know their way around CRM’s, WordPress, Shopify, Slack and Apple devices preferred.
- Is committed to excellence. We want to exceed expectations in everything we do and reflect positively on the brand.
- Has a positive attitude & is committed to our core values. Our ideal candidate is positive, has a can-do spirit, and is a great team player. Although we are virtual, our company culture is very important and we are all working towards the same goals.
- Is resourceful. Our ideal candidate doesn’t need to have their hand held, is a strong critical thinker, and will figure things out when they don’t know the answer.
- Is adaptable. We move quickly and, being a growing company, responsibilities and job descriptions often change. Our ideal candidate is always up for something new and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Is a team player. Our success is only possible if we come together, without ego, to stay focused on our goals and mission as a whole team.
WHY SHOULD I BE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
- You’ll get to work with awesome people that make things happen.
- You’ll get to test and experiment in a business that is constantly evolving. There is never a dull moment.
- You’ll get to help people take control of and live their best lives.
- You’ll have the flexibility & freedom to work from wherever in a company that is 100% remote.
- You’ll be paid to do the things you already love and excel at, and you’ll also get paid to continue learning and growing in your field.
- While this position will start as a part time contract position (as all positions in our company do), after a probationary period, you’ll be eligible for increased hours, and the possibility to go full time.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT?
- We have a small team so each member is extremely important to our success.
- You’ll be helping us grow our small but mighty team, so we can continue to help the hundreds of thousands of women in our community
Sound good? We want to learn more about you!