DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Do you LOVE data, marketing, and all things technology-related, or have a knack for figuring out the behind-the-scenes aspects of Internet marketing & eCommerce? Do you have an uncanny attention to details? Are you someone who is organized and knows how to make things happen? Do you have experience in the world of technology, blogging and/or Internet marketing? Are you a strategic thinker?
If so, you’re in the right place.
We are looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Manager to serve as the point person for managing & optimizing our funnels, including but not limited to driving leads & conversions through paid advertising (Facebook, Pinterest & Google), tracking performance, and helping to build and optimize all pieces of our funnels, as well as assist with the digital marketing components of our key promotions and launches.
To be perfect for this position, you should already have a solid grasp of the online marketing world, and a good understanding of how it all works, including lead magnets, opt-in pages, sales pages, email marketing processes, webinars, and paid social marketing, (if any of those phrases are brand new to you, this is not the position for you), but you should also be super eager to continue learning new skills, and to keep up on the latest industry developments. Not only that, you should understand what it means to be a driver–not just the person who takes care of the tech, but the person who understands how to actually drive sales through effective paid ads while continually optimizing for conversions.
You should also possess strong communication skills, be a self-starter and team-player, be willing to take ownership and accountability for the duties and responsibilities of the job. This person will have a strong drive to succeed and a true LOVE of data and analytics. Experience with Infusionsoft, Hubspot, Wordpress, and Leadpages is strongly preferred.
Make no mistake–this position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we are looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
- Campaign Building & Execution: Assist in configuring, operating, and integrating our CRM with other online tools, like Shopify. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Content Marketing: Understanding how content marketing works, including lead nurturing, lead scoring, content management, and content delivery activities.
- Digital Marketing: Experience with email, mobile, web, and other digital media, including marketing campaign best practices.
- Paid Social Advertising: Experience running profitable Facebook and Pinterest ads and making decisions based on data and analytics.
- Data & Analytics: Assist in measuring the success of marketing efforts through various analytics and reporting findings to empower high-quality decision making in real time. Understands how to derive data, including lead costs, customer lifetime value, etc.
- Technologies Used: Infusionsoft, Facebook Business Manager, Hubspot, Zapier, Proof, PlusThis, Google Analytics, Revenue Conduit, Memberium, LeadPages, Graphly, WordPress, Slack, Google Calendars/Email
- Methodologies Used: We pull from a wide variety of online marketing strategies, prior experience is preferred.
- Quality Control: Tests and re-tests everything, serving as the final check before something goes live, and is also responsible for knowing if the work being delivered by the team is on brand and of appropriate quality.
- Optimization: Understands the power of split-tests and optimizing funnels to improve conversion rates; excels at optimizing & tracking all aspects of funnel conversions.
THINGS YOU’VE DONE IN THE PAST:
- Learned new technologies related to eCommerce & Internet marketing
- Worked in fast-moving environments and met tight deadlines
- Worked with a virtual team
- Managed projects from start to completion
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR A PERSON WHO :
- Is looking for a “side job” while growing your own business. If you’ve got your own project to manage, then this isn’t the job for you.
- Already has a lot going on and doesn’t have the time and focus needed to do a quality job.
- Isn’t interested in marketing strategy, or who hasn’t read a non-fiction book (or podcast or blog) about business or marketing in a very long time.
- Isn’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Wants to be front and center, rather than working in the background.
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Is a technology enthusiast. You can’t just like technology, you need to LOVE it! Our ideal candidate is curious about technology, intuitive at how software behaves and is an early adopter.
- Is technologically proficient. The ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is essential. Candidates who know their way around CRM’s, WordPress, Shopify, Slack and Apple devices will have a head start.
- Is a self-starter & self-manager. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets stuff done consistently on time.
- Is extremely detail oriented. There are many moving pieces in the business. We want someone comfortable managing complex processes on a routine basis.
- Has high follow-through. Our business turns on delivering excellent content on time while managing multiple projects and deadlines. We live and die by hitting our deadlines.
- Is decisive. Though management is always available to resolve complex or sensitive problems, we want someone comfortable making mid-level decisions and judgment calls.
- Is data and goal-oriented. We’re driven by quantifiable results. Candidates should be, too.
- Is committed to excellence. We want to exceed expectations in everything we do and reflect positively on the brand.
- Has a positive attitude & is committed to our core values. Our ideal candidate is positive, has a can-do spirit, and a great team-player. Although we are virtual, our company culture is very important and we are all working towards the same goals.
- Is resourceful. Our ideal candidate doesn’t need to have their hand held, is a strong critical thinker, and will figure things out when they don’t know the answer.
- Is adaptable. We move quickly and, being a growing company, responsibilities and job descriptions often change. Our ideal candidate is always up for something new, and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Is direct and receptive to directness in return. Our ideal candidate can handle direct feedback, and is not afraid of constructive conflict.
WHY SHOULD I BE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
- You’ll get to work with awesome people who make things happen.
- You’ll get to test and experiment in a business that is constantly evolving. There is never a dull moment.
- You’ll get to work on products that are helping people live their dreams and grow their businesses.
- You’ll have the flexibility & freedom to work from wherever.
- You’ll be paid to do the things you already love and excel at.
- You’ll be eligible for paid time off and other benefits.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT?
- This position will involve implementing strategy and creating marketing campaigns and driving new leads for our entire company, and we need someone who can really own this role and take our company to the next level.
- You will be the last checkpoint before thousands of people see a project go live. Our brand depends on competence in the role to effectively work with our audience.
- Making everything work seamlessly is the foundation to our expansion and growth long term.
Sound good? We want to learn more about you!