CONTENT ORGANIZER & COPYWRITER
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are someone who LOVES to write! You could one of our amazing EBA students or alumni, or perhaps a member of Doing It Scared, or just a big fan of our company. You’re probably someone who loves blogging, especially the writing part, and you may even find yourself sometimes wishing you could spend all your time focused on writing (without having to worry about social media or growing your list or creating products!) Editorial calendars are your jam, and you’re definitely someone who is organized and driven and knows how to make things happen. You’ve probably also discovered that you enjoy working behind the scenes more than being the person out in front.
Sound like you?
We might just have the perfect job!
We are looking for a part-time content organizer & copywriter to work directly with Ruth to help develop and produce ongoing content throughout our organization.
ARE YOU A RIGHT FIT? IF SO YOU:
- Find writing new content to be the easiest part of blogging.
- Are open to feedback and training.
- Are an RSO Superfan & already feel like Ruth’s voice is constantly in your head. You’ve listened to almost every single podcast and read almost every single email/blog post/book that Ruth puts out.
- Share our core values and are the kind of person who gets it done, figures it out, displays humble confidence, owns it, and is always willing to learn and grow.
- Are very comfortable with Wordpress and other blog-related technology.
This position involves a combination of creativity, organization, attention to detail, and follow-through, and it has high expectations. Of course, if you’re the person we are looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
As our Content Organizer & Copywriter, your main responsibility will be working directly with Ruth to help manage, coordinate, and produce the extensive amount of content that our company puts out on a weekly basis. This includes everything from email newsletters and blog & podcast content to guest posts, sales campaigns, advertising and social media copy, and promotional blurbs.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for learning Ruth’s style and voice, as well as becoming intimately familiar with our existing content. You’ll be responsible for honing and refining your copywriting skills through ongoing training and education. You’ll also be responsible for organizing and managing our editorial calendar(s), for formatting blog posts and podcast episodes, and for making sure they are scheduled and published on time. Finally, you’ll be responsible for reviewing and editing all content before it goes out to make sure it is accurate and free of errors, and that it meets or exceeds our standards of excellence and provides real value to our readers.
THINGS YOU’VE DONE IN THE PAST:
- Worked in fast moving environments.
- Applied new skills as you are learning them.
- Written 5,000-10,000+ plus words a week on a regular basis
- Worked as part of a team or collaboration.
- Used Wordpress and other blog-related technology.
- Managed or written a blog (either yours or someone else’s).
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR A PERSON WHO :
- Already has a lot going on and doesn’t have the time and focus needed to do a quality job.
- Does not deeply enjoy writing and creating new content.
- Is not willing to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement.
- Wants to be front and center, rather than working in the background.
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- LOVES to write!
- Knows how to make things happen and has excellent follow-through.
- Has a great feel for our brand and what our customers are looking for.
- Is resourceful.
- Doesn’t need to have their hand held.
- Can handle stress and tight deadlines.
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with team members.
- Has a great attention to detail and brand quality.
- Is a high communicator.
- Is highly organized but moves quickly.
- Takes ownership and pride in your work.
- Is not afraid of new challenges.
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Adapts very well to changes on-the-go.
- Is relatively technology savvy but is willing to ask for help if needed. You won’t be designing websites, but you do need to be comfortable with Wordpress, Asana, and Google Drive.
- Can handle direct feedback without getting their feelings hurt.
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying focused & collected.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
First and foremost, you’ll get to make a real difference in the lives of people all over the world by helping to create content that literally changes people’s lives every single day. There’s nothing more gratifying than realizing that something you wrote actually made an impact.
Second, you’ll get to work with awesome people that make things happen. Our team is full of motivated go-getters who are not only kind and supportive, but who are constantly pushing ourselves to be better. You won’t find a more inspiring group of people to be surrounded by.
Third, you’ll get to test and experiment in a business that is constantly evolving. There is never a dull moment. We try lots of things around here. Some work, some don’t, but we’re always learning! It’s fun and exciting and you’ll get to have a real impact on our future content strategy.
Finally, you’ll have the flexibility & freedom to work from wherever and the ability to get paid to do the things you already love and excel at. While this position will start as a part-time contractor position, there is strong potential to move into a full-time employee role.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT?
Here at RSO, content creation is what we do best! It’s how we’ve grown our platform, how we serve our audience, and how we make an impact on a weekly basis. It is key to EVERYTHING that we do! That said, it’s a LOT of content, and right now nearly all the content that we put out comes directly from Ruth. In a word? She just needs some help, and your job would make a huge impact directly in her life, not to mention the lives of all our readers.